Share Your Space!

Tanga

Really cool thread, to se everyone's places. Here is my little "corner":

20190723_083413.thumb.jpg.605a0919afd563bd5054a7b19e65586b.jpg

Screenshot_20190723-141022_Gallery.thumb.jpg.f8f408e8602ff5514a6105b7525fc86b.jpg20190723_141135.jpg.126e686212c26dc140ac6bad12889965.jpg

Edited by Katie

So many beautiful spaces, and they're all so unique! I can tell a little about everyone's personality by looking at your spaces. 

With 5 kids and 6 cats I don't have any permanent space for anything of my own, but I am looking at yours and dreaming of what I'll do when I have more room in the future...

I don't actually have a Tarot corner. My books are minimal (except for Taoism etc., which has a case to itself), my crystal ball is on display on its own, and my crystals are all in the geological teaching collections. Candles and incense are on the hearth, as they would be.

The cards have a home, though, and that home travels with me... the advantage of only using one deck!

IMG_2035.JPG

2 hours ago, Wanderer said:

The cards have a home, though, and that home travels with me... the advantage of only using one deck!

IMG_2035.JPG

That Box!!! 😍

What type of wood is it?

52 minutes ago, JustPeachy said:

That Box!!! 😍

What type of wood is it?

Yes, that's what I thought as well! :wink:   It's Cedar of some sort, so smells wonderful too!

Last year I had the urge to go looking around nearby cities for a home for the cards, and the first few antique centres didn't turn up much; a few old boxes that were nice, but not perfect. Then this appeared in a little shop in my home town, and the space inside (lined with red velvet) holds the cards with about 1 mm to spare on all sides. Some things are just meant to be... 😎

It's supposedly from Eastern Europe, and maybe 50-100 years old, but there's nothing obvious to pin it down further. 

Edited by Wanderer

20 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Yes, that's what I thought as well! :wink:   It's Cedar of some sort, so smells wonderful too!

Last year I had the urge to go looking around nearby cities for a home for the cards, and the first few antique centres didn't turn up much; a few old boxes that were nice, but not perfect. Then this appeared in a little shop in my home town, and the space inside (lined with red velvet) holds the cards with about 1 mm to spare on all sides. Some things are just meant to be... 😎

It's supposedly from Eastern Europe, and maybe 50-100 years old, but there's nothing obvious to pin it down further. 

How lovely, that it was just sitting and waiting for you in your own back garden so to speak! Very apropos. 😉

@Bodhiseed Thank you, the bureau was my grandparents, it still has some of my grandfathers bits and bobs in it that just seem to belong to it now after so many years of them always being there. I don't think he used it much though, he was writing a book (technical, not fiction) but I only saw him use his typewriter on the dining table. He often tried to show me how to type properly, but it's difficult for small fingers to use a proper, old-fashioned typewriter! Funnily enough, we were looking through some of his old books that have been stored in the shed and found a book by Dion Fortune of all people. I knew he'd joined some sort of spiritualist church and had held seances but it was still such an odd thing to see. My grandmother was Catholic so goodness knows what she thought of the whole thing! I know she was not too happy about the Ouija board that he apparently had...

@Wanderer I love that box, so beautiful!

On 4/8/2019 at 12:16 PM, AnomalyTempest said:

We had a large closet that I cleaned out the floor space of. It's long and narrow but big enough to fit a cot, which lives up on the shelf. When we don't have company, that's my space. Before that it behind a piece of furniture that sat in a corner diagonally.

When I was a child, my 'dollhouse' was the floor in the bottom of my closet. Thank you for bringing that memory back! I have a shelf on top of a small bookcase. It started off as just a pinboard that I'd put meaningful things on, and a few small ornaments with sentimental value - and it appears to have morphed into an altar of its own accord. 

Lady Butterfly

I don't have a space of my own right now, but I dream of one for the future, so it was fun to live vicariously through all of you and your lovely spaces. Thank you for sharing!

Saturn Celeste
On 9/24/2019 at 3:45 AM, alyce said:

Finally a space for my treasures to call home.

I have the round Dreamtime oracle deck too!!

I need to get my dusting done because my corner has changed so much from the first pictures I posted!! 😊

10 hours ago, bookshop said:

@alyce very nice! The idea of displaying the decks by their card backs is neat. Lovely collection you have there.

Thankyou!! I find the more conventional silk/satin bags somewhat suffocating in their energy so I was glad to have the organza alternative, the sheerness of which incidentally makes decks easier to feel. It's also quite a bit cheaper.

10 hours ago, Saturn Celeste said:

I have the round Dreamtime oracle deck too!!

I need to get my dusting done because my corner has changed so much from the first pictures I posted!! 😊

Oooh do you have the companion book too? It's very lovely. I know there are a couple (very attractive) Dreamtime decks on the market, but the round deck seems to have the most detailed myths. Also, living in Australia too, I find it exudes a very positive lucky energy.

RavenOfSummer

Finally did some work on my altars for autumn and Samhain! I intend for this to be my Samhain altar- will be adding some items to remind me of loved ones who has passed, as well as more candles.

IMG_0428.thumb.JPG.46f1335c0426f0dd46814e349f2a9ab3.JPG

I made this pumpkin in my pottery class, with putting it on my altar in mind 😊

IMG_0431.thumb.JPG.396324432c80b54e36f2c92798ab27de.JPG

I love this little painted Samhain rock, which I got from an artist on Etsy.

IMG_0430.thumb.JPG.411c6c8c03cebfba4b17bddc45de59a8.JPG

My other altar I made in a more autumn/harvest theme. The rowan berries around the chalice I collected in Ireland. The chalice is another pottery class piece.

IMG_0432.thumb.JPG.9450b60f3970b96eca004e1019227d65.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

Ealasaid Enfys

I love the statue of the woman! And what is the image of a face in the background? Is it a book? It looks so lovely...

Wow... the second thread I looked at, snd it is soooo cool to see how everyone brings the energy to their study! I can't wait to get to a situation where I can do the same thing. A little too "mobile" right now, but this might be a sign in itself to "land" snd ground some energy...to make a true home space to return to

EvelynnMorragan

I LOVE this thread! It's wonderful to see everyone's altars, reading spaces, and storage solutions! KEEP THEM COMING!

20200109_224133.jpg

20200109_224111.jpg

20200109_224040.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.